I turned 40 last week. Yay me, right? Actually, I’m proud to have made it this far. With the kind of stressful life I have, I’m surprised my heart didn’t give out years ago!
Anyway, I was in a blog hop a while back and found a couple of bloggers who share what they wear. They work from home and/or work outside the house too. My problem was that I thought they were all young. I wondered ” does anyone my age show off their fashion?” The answer is, yes, they do.
I found a couple of inspiring blogs and, I’m sorry to tell you that you’ll now have to see what my wardrobe looks like. I don’t have anyone to help me with taking my photos, so it’s just me and my smart phone and my room for now. Why do I even want to share what I wear? For one thing, I don’t just wear my pajamas when I work from home. You’ll hear a lot of people say that’s a benefit to working from home. I call bullshit on that idea. You do better when you get dressed and prepared for the day! I get a lot of compliments at my outside-the-house job about what I wear and from the people I see during the week when I’m working from home.
So, why not share? I’m not a model by any means. I am short, overweight and can’t seem to smile at the right time in my photos. But, I think you might find inspiration in the way I put together clothes. Maybe. I hope so anyway.
So, without rambling more than I have to. My first set of clothing with explanations and places to buy something similar. Remember, I can’t seem to smile at the right time, so don’t mind my face!
Okay, so this set of outfits has the same shirt and jacket with one set of jeans and one skirt, and 3 different pair of shoes.
- The shirt is just a white t-shirt that you can buy pretty much anywhere. Buy at amazon
- The skirt came from Avon a few years ago, but you can find similar. Buy at Amazon
- The jeans are actually maternity pants (see why I wear them here), but you could wear any dark denim jeans for this outfit.Dark Denim on Amazon
- The jacket is old. I bought it about 5 years ago. Any short military style jacket would do. Short Jackets
- The shoes are both from Crocs. One style isn’t sold there anymore, but the others are. The current styles closest to the wedges I own are Here at Amazon. The tennis shoes are so cute, but they do run small! You can find them here at Amazon.
- The boots were bought at Kmart last season and are just a flat brown knee high boot – sort of a riding style. Buy at Amazon.